They have started calling our customers saying that ‘We are calling from Paytm to re-activate your KYC’ and then they ask them to install apps like, AnyDesk, TeamViewer, QuickSupport, etc and give certain permissions to these apps which are given to any normal app. Once the app is installed, generally a 9 digit address code is generated which when shared can allow other users to access your devices remotely.
- Paytm full KYC can only be completed by having a face to face meeting with our agent at an authorized KYC point.
- SMS sent by Paytm about full KYC only has the link to fix an appointment with our KYC agent or to locate to your nearest KYC point.
- Paytm will never call you or ask you to install any app.
- We never send any SMS/Email for Paytm minimum KYC
- You do not need any support to complete your minimum KYC with Paytm bank, it’s a DIY process.
- A Paytm employ will never ask you for any pin, OTP, card number, etc.
- When Paytm agent will come to your doorstep does check their ID.