coviself test kit- You can easily test corona at home and also get report in 15 minutes– According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), you can do a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) for covid at home. In view of the current situation, with the help of this test, it is advisable to do a home test in people showing symptoms and positive cases.
The increasing cases of corona in India have created a pandemic. Amongst the panic of Omicron variants spreading in India including the world, now there is a continuation of increase in the cases of corona in also cities and rural area as well. As fast covid cases are increasing, people are looking for self-testing from home. According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Real time and rapid antigen test is the best way to diagnose SARS-CoV-2 in India.
The first is the molecular test, also known as the PCR test. It detects the coronavirus. Let us tell you that this test is the most used to identify polymerase chain reaction Kovid-19 cases. However, it is considered more sensitive.
The second test is the antigen test, which detects the coronavirus protein covering RNA on the surface of the virus. Where, both this tests can be used to detect the early symptoms of the virus. The third test is the antibodies test, this test are used for looks for antibodies that the body may have developed to fight the virus. Here is the tutorial how you can do this test at home easily.
How to prepare before the Coviself test-
- Find a clean place to test
- Place a table and make sure surface is neat & clean
- First step before testing you need to remember wash hands with soap and also keep them dry
- Tear off pouch of the kit and put the contents on the table
- Now remember, before using it you need to download the app given in the testing kit and fill all the credentials
- Sample test- Breed Swab
- Testing Time – 1 Minute
- Time taken for result- 15 Minutes
What’s in the coviself kit
How to Perform coviself test using kit-
- Wash hands before testing. Also your hands should be dry.
- Now tear the packet.
- Download app MyLab Coviself in your smartphone
- Fill all details required and proceed step by step.
- Take a pre-filled extension tube.
- To clear the liquid present in it, shake it 3-4 times.
- Now open the cap and hold the tube in your hand.
- After that open the sterile nasal swab gently.
- Now Insert sterile water into both your nostrils
- Swirl the swab 5-6 times in both nostril.
- Now dip the nasal swab into the pre-filled actuation tube.
- Now pinch the tube by bottom and gently shake the nasal swab. Be sure that the swab is submerged in liquid during this time.
- Mark the break point and break off the swab.
- Now cover the tube with the nozzle cap.
- Take your test card and put two drops on the tube.
- Now wait for 15 minutes for your result.
Important things about testing-
- Any result after 20 minutes it will not considered
- The application uses A.I.( artificial Intelligence) to alarm when 15 minutes are up. Now you can download the report from the authorized application
- If only quality control C comes in the test and no test line T is visible, then the result is considered negative.
Notes to keep in mind while performing coviself test
· Coviself.comstates that people with all symptoms whose rapid antigen test comes back negative should get retested once again with the help of RTPCR. This is very important step, as some positive cases with low viral ae getting be missed.
People who has done RAT negative test symptom are known as suspected COVID-19 cases and are advised to follow the MoHFW isolation protocol till the result of RTPCR test is out.
Follow home care isolation protocol.
How to dispose the kit-
After the test, you need to dispose all the samples used in the kit. Firstly, put the swab in the buffer tube. After that Seal and dispose of all components which inside the biohazard disposable bag provided in the kit. There will no risk of contamination. After performing the whole test wash your hands with soap.
Disclaimer: This article is for general information only. Always contact your doctor for more details.